With juicy strips of steak and rich feta cheese, it's hard to believe that this main dish salad recipe has less than 200 calories per serving. From Diabetic Living
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups torn romaine leaves
- 1/2 of a small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup halved cherries or 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces, or cheese of your choice)
- 2Trim fat from steak. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place steak on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat until desired doneness, turning once halfway through broiling time. Allow 15 to 17 minutes for medium-rare doneness (145 degrees F) or 20 to 22 minutes for medium doneness (160 degrees F). Thinly slice steak.
- 3Divide romaine among 4 dinner plates. Top with sliced meat, red onion, tomatoes, and feta cheese. Drizzle with Lemon Vinaigrette.
- 4LEMON VINAIGRETTE:.
- 5In a screw-top jar combine olive oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, oregano and garlic. Cover and shake well. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Makes about 1/2 cup.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Beef Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.8
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 84.7 mg
- Sodium 426.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 29.6 g