8 hrs 50 mins
8 hrs 30 mins
With the cold weather coming on, I need all the warm soups and stews I can find. This one sounds right up my alley!! It might take some time, but it is done in the crockpot...BONUS!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dried cannellini beans or 1 lb dried navy beans
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced (about 6 cloves)
- 1 bunch fresh kale
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1Rinse the beans and pick out any debris.
- 2Put the beans in a crockpot set on high.
- 3Add the salt and water.
- 4Cook for 8 hours or overnight, or cook in simmering water on the stove for a couple of hours.
- 5Heat the oil in a wide skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add the onion, bell pepper, carrots, and celery.
- 7Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 min until soft.
- 8Add the garlic and cook for 3-4 min more.
- 9Scrape the vegetables into the beans.
- 10Rinse the kale and remove any big stems.
- 11Chop the leaves and add to the soup along with the tomatoes, basil, rosemary and red pepper flakes.
- 12Cook until the kale is wilted and tender, about 15-20 minute.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.9
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 962.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.2 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: