Recipe by Bobtail
I was on Ediets a few years ago and this was the first recipe that I tried. It is delicious and healthy. When my husband and I sat down to our first Ediet meal,we did not know what to expect. What a great surprise and certainly made the diet easy to follow! It has great presentation and does not look nor taste like diet food. Great for vegetarians! Hope you enjoy!
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped or torn into pieces
- 1 tomatoes, medium,chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, small,chopped
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup canned low-sodium kidney beans, drained,rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup canned low sodium chickpeas, drained,rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 ounces shredded low-fat cheddar cheese or 1 1⁄2 ounces shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave frozen corn for 2-3 minutes on high, covered.
- Stir and let sit for one minute, then drain.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredient and toss well.
- Garnish with cheese before serving.