Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made up this recipe years ago with ingredients I had around the house. Since then it's been my most requested potluck/picnic recipe. Everyone is always amazed at how simple and tasty it is. Sometimes I like to replace one of the cans of mixed beans with chickpeas. The amounts are estimates and aren't really that important, you can just make it to taste. If you want to add cucumbers wait to add them until just before serving, otherwise they'll get soggy. In my area there is a greek restaurant (Rendezvous) that sells their house dressing bottled. This is the one I use. So just use whatever your favorite greek salad dressing happens to be. I've made this salad just with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Lemon Juice, Oregano and minced garlic for the dressing, You can also use freshly cooked dry beans in place of canned.
- 3 (19 ounce) cansmixed beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (12 ounce) can canned corn niblets (rinsed and drained)
- 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Greek salad dressing
- olive (optional)
- combine all ingredients and chill overnight (I've been known to serve it right away but it is better if the flavours are left to mingle).
We are not big on salad dressings, so i just added 1/4 tsp of basil and oregano, 1tsp garlic and a shake of black pepper. We really enjoyed it. Thanks for the recipe.
This recipe is awesome! It was easy to make and definitely tastes even better the next day. I made it both with and without the cucumbers and I think I like it better without the strong taste of cucumber.