Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
As we try to eat healthier, I have been adapting more of my favorites to be low fat and chock full of veges. My husband was skeptical on this one but gave it a "10" once he tasted it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup dry white bean
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sweet pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 -6 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 cups water
- 1 -2 bouillon cube
- 1⁄8-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Soak beans over night.
- Cook beans 1 hour or until just barely soft.
- Saute onions, garlic and spices in olive oil until soft and fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients except pepper flakes.
- Add part of the pepper flakes.
- Simmer for 40-60 minutes.
- Taste after 20 minutes and add more pepper flakes as needed but be sure to wait to taste before you add more.
Very good recipe! We have been trying to get out of a rut with our meals lately and also eat 1 vegetarian option each week. This dish was such a nice change! It was very fragrant and had such nice flavor. Thank you so much for posting!