Recipe by Walltop
As we try to eat healthier, I have been adapting more of my favorites to be low fat and chock full of veges. My husband was skeptical on this one but gave it a "10" once he tasted it.
Top Review by gingersnap
Very good recipe! We have been trying to get out of a rut with our meals lately and also eat 1 vegetarian option each week. This dish was such a nice change! It was very fragrant and had such nice flavor. Thank you so much for posting!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup dry white bean
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sweet pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 -6 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 cups water
- 1 -2 bouillon cube
- 1⁄8-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak beans over night.
- Cook beans 1 hour or until just barely soft.
- Saute onions, garlic and spices in olive oil until soft and fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients except pepper flakes.
- Add part of the pepper flakes.
- Simmer for 40-60 minutes.
- Taste after 20 minutes and add more pepper flakes as needed but be sure to wait to taste before you add more.