Recipe by English_Rose
This easy and healthy vegetarian pasta is perfect for a midweek meal.
Top Review by SoupCookie
This was delicious! I used beef tortellini and basil pesto (grocery store was out of fresh basil) and halved the recipe. This will be made in my house often and shared with friends and family! Thanx!
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 red chili peppers, seeded and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 2 lbs tomatoes, quartered
- 10 ounces pasta, any shape
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- To roast the veg, preheat the oven to 400°F Scatter the peppers, red onions, chilis and garlic in a large roasting tin. Sprinkle with sugar, drizzle over the oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes, toss in the tomatoes and roast for another 15 minutes until everything is starting to soften and look golden.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water according to packet instructions, until tender but still with a bit of bite. Drain well.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven, tip in the pasta and toss lightly together.
- Tear the basil leaves on top and sprinkle with parmesan to serve.
- If you have any leftovers it makes a great cold pasta salad - just moisten with extra olive oil if needed.