This easy and healthy vegetarian pasta is perfect for a midweek meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 red chili peppers, seeded and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 2 lbs tomatoes, quartered
- 10 ounces pasta, any shape
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated, to serve
- 1To roast the veg, preheat the oven to 400°F Scatter the peppers, red onions, chilis and garlic in a large roasting tin. Sprinkle with sugar, drizzle over the oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- 2Roast for 15 minutes, toss in the tomatoes and roast for another 15 minutes until everything is starting to soften and look golden.
- 3While the vegetables are roasting, cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water according to packet instructions, until tender but still with a bit of bite. Drain well.
- 4Remove the vegetables from the oven, tip in the pasta and toss lightly together.
- 5Tear the basil leaves on top and sprinkle with parmesan to serve.
- 6If you have any leftovers it makes a great cold pasta salad - just moisten with extra olive oil if needed.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean & Basil Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.3
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 58.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 14.0 g