Prep 2 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is such an easy recipe, it really goes together quickly, and really adds "something" to the meal. Serve straight off the stove (nice & hot) or at room temp--either way, these are delicious!
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g white mushroom, halved (quartered if very large)
- 44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- pepper, to taste
- In a medium skillet, over medium-high, heat oil and add mushrooms; cook until golden brown (5 minutes).
- Stir in vinegar, salt and red pepper flakes; season with pepper; cook one minute more.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve alongside your favorite steak OR add to a spinach salad for a VERY different spin on it!
I'm starting to cook more with balsamic vinegar and this one hit the spot. I used white button, less oil and no salt. Delicious! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag Game 2011.
These were wonderful! I used generic button mushrooms on sale at the supermarket and a healthy dash of Moroccan paprika as well. Made for ZWT 5.
These were good mushrooms, but in making several varieties at once, found them of be lacking in flavor comparatively. The addition of garlic or shallots, would definitely make an improvement. Thanks for sharing your recipe made for ZWT 5 for the Cooks With Dirty Faces