Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Variety of Mediterranean flavors perfectly complements this fish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 lb fish fillet (sole, flounder, sea perch)
- Separate tomatoes from juice (save ½ c juice).
- Coarsely chop tomatoes.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add onion and sauté over moderate heat 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients except fish.
- Stir well and simmer 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Arrange fish in 10x6-inch baking dish; cover with sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375º F 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.