1 hr 20 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
A great casserole with sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Easy to prepare in your oven. Goes nicely with a loaf of Italian bread and a glass of wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces uncooked rotini pasta (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 large shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 375F.
- 2Lightly butter a 2-quart casserole dish and set aside.
- 3Cook rotini according to package directions and drain.
- 4Cook shallots in butter in skillet for 1 minute, then add the flour, stirring to mix.
- 5Whisk in the chicken broth gradually.
- 6Add the mushrooms and bring to a boil.
- 7Cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens, 3-4 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat and add the cheese, stirring until the cheese melts and mixes in.
- 9Stir in the cooked rotini, chicken, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and parsley.
- 10Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 11Serve garnished with more chopped parsley if you like.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Baked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.1
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 90.2 mg
- Sodium 428.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 31.0 g