Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great casserole with sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Easy to prepare in your oven. Goes nicely with a loaf of Italian bread and a glass of wine.
- 6 ounces uncooked rotini pasta (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 large shallots, minced
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly butter a 2-quart casserole dish and set aside.
- Cook rotini according to package directions and drain.
- Cook shallots in butter in skillet for 1 minute, then add the flour, stirring to mix.
- Whisk in the chicken broth gradually.
- Add the mushrooms and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the cheese, stirring until the cheese melts and mixes in.
- Stir in the cooked rotini, chicken, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and parsley.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve garnished with more chopped parsley if you like.
Excellent dish, lots of flavor. I added a clove of garlic (hey, it's Mediterranean) and ground pepper.
This was just ok for me. I give it 3 stars for ease and really how can you really go too wrong with sundried tomatoes, which I love. However, for just the two of us, I won't make this again. It would be good for a big family though and I think it is kid-friendly. Thank you for sharing.
So good!! Jude is right- it is very easy with a deli chicken. Great for a weeknight or something special. We will have it again!