Recipe by kda949
I ripped this recipe out of a magazine a while back- it is from Best Foods (Helman's) Mayonnaise. I made them for a friends baby shower about 5 years ago and everyone loved them.
- 1 French baguette, sliced open
- mayonnaise, to taste
- 1⁄2-1 cup arugula or 1⁄2-1 cup baby spinach leaves, washed and patted dry
- 1 -2 roma or 1 -2 plum tomato, sliced thin
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced fairly thin
- 3 -5 fresh basil leaves, washed and patted dry
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced prosciutto (don't skip this if at all possible- it's what "makes" the sandwich)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread mayo onto bottom piece of the baguette, then layer with arugula, tomato, mozzarella, fresh basil and prosciutto.
- Drizzle with a little Italian dressing and add top piece of the baguette.
- Slice into individual servings- depending on the size of your baguette and the purpose of your sandwich (for the baby shower, we sliced them into small- 3 bite sandwiches (apx 2 inch), for myself, I've sliced them into 4 or 5 inch sections.