Recipe by Shuzbud
This makes a nice change from the usual potato salad. The fresh, Mediterranean flavours blend beautifully. This is best served hot but can also be served cold. I have taken the photo before drizzling over the sour cream so you can see the beautiful colours of the dish.
- 2 lbs tiny new potatoes
- 8 ounces small shallots
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Boil a large pan of water.
- Halve the new potatoes and put them in the pan to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop the ends off the shallots ("top and tail" them), leaving the rest of the skin on. After the potatoes have had 5 minutes to cook, add the shallots and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Separate the shallots and plunge them into cold water for about 1 minute. Drain the potatoes.
- Put the olive oil and garlic in a roasting tray lined with foil. Heat for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the skins off the shallots- they should come away easily now.
- Add the potatoes, shallots and chopped fresh rosemary to the roasting tray. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat the vegetables with the oil. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Pierce the skins of the cherry tomatoes with a sharp knife. Add them to the roasting tray and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender.
- Spoon the vegetables into a serving bowl and drizzle the sour cream over the top just before serving.