Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
All the summer favorite flavors at once. Healthy but even better, TASTY. This salad combines avocado, black beans, red and green bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, olive oil and lime juice to make a perfect light meal or accompaniment to just about anything grilled. Also makes a good dip with corn chips. Note that you can substitute chopped mango for the tomatoes for a change...equally as good.
- 4 avocados, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 red onion, large, minced (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 cup cilantro, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juice of (I prefer to use 3 small key limes but either will work)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine avocadoes, cherry tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, bell peppers and black beans in a large bowl. Stir to blend. Drizzle with the olive oil (doesn't have to be an exact measure -- just a good swirl over the bowl to moisten) and add the lime juice and stir to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers (if there are any!).
Perfect as a light lunch in the middle of the summer. My newly vegan husband loved it. Thanks for a great recipe!
Thanks again Epi Curious! Your recipes are always very tasty!!! I made this last night and it was devoured in a very short time! I sub'd grape tomatoes in for the cherries and added garlic, a jalapeno and cumin to give it a mexican kick as we were having a taco night, but I can imagine the next time I do chicken pitas with tzaziki sauce, I'll make this salad as listed (and maybe add in a little feta...) Yum it was fantastic! Thanks again for a great idea Epi! -Ian
We were very impressed.Light healthy and absolutely delicious.This is a MUST TRY recipe.THANKS!