Recipe by Epi Curious
All the summer favorite flavors at once. Healthy but even better, TASTY. This salad combines avocado, black beans, red and green bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, olive oil and lime juice to make a perfect light meal or accompaniment to just about anything grilled. Also makes a good dip with corn chips. Note that you can substitute chopped mango for the tomatoes for a change...equally as good.
- 4 avocados, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 red onion, large, minced (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 cup cilantro, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juice of (I prefer to use 3 small key limes but either will work)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine avocadoes, cherry tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, bell peppers and black beans in a large bowl. Stir to blend. Drizzle with the olive oil (doesn't have to be an exact measure -- just a good swirl over the bowl to moisten) and add the lime juice and stir to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers (if there are any!).