Unlike a lot of similar recipes, this is vegan (cheese opt.), gluten-free and made in the oven, not a crock pot. It is so good. Someone I fed it to said "It's like all these really good vegetable are vying for your attention, and they're all winning."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toss eggplant slices with olive oil. Arrange in a pie crust style shape in round cake or casserole pan (heck, it could even be square) about eight inches across. Reserve a few of the thinnest slices.
- 2Toss olives, garlic, onion, half the hummus, and half the alcoholic beverage/water.
- 3Layer bell pepper strips and reserved eggplant slices over top.
- 4Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (if you want it), and reserved hummus (diluted to pourable consistency with anything).
- 5Lay a sheet of loose aluminum foil across top and bake at 375 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- 6For Vegan omit the cheese.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Aubergine (Eggplant) Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.6
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 741.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 4.9 g