Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This salad will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days. It can easily be adapted to feed a large crowd. Any type of pasta will work for this recipe. Stacey
- 1 lb tortellini, cooked al dente
- 1 cup cooked artichoke heart
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup oil-cured olives (pitted)
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1 lb ripe roma tomatoes or 1 lb plum tomato, chopped coarse
- 1 cup radicchio, torn
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, torn not bruised
- In a large serving bowl combine all of the ingredients.
- refridgerate for at least one hour before serving.
This was really rather tasty. We made a great low fat version by squeezing tomato juice (as in, fresh from the tomato) over the salad, and using a little spray olive oil on the top. The taste of summer.
i made this without the radicchio, too bitter for our taste. the next time i will decrease the oil and increase the vinegar, then it will be a 5 star recipe, not a 4.
Super salad. I used a 3-cheese tortellini, and calamata olives. Thanks for the recipe, I will be making this again!!! My kids even requested it in their lunch the next day!