Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I adapted this recipe for a medifast meal. (Not the lean and green). These taste like cake but can be cooked longer to make more a cookie like bar. I baked mine for 22 minutes for a cake consistency.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein (body fortress is what I use)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup stevia, in the raw
- 8 ounces pureed carrots
- 2 ounces water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, whey protein, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Mix egg whites, stevia, carrots, and water (optional) in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spray 8x8 glass pyrex dish with non-stick butter spray.
- Pour ingredients into dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into 8 bars.
I used this recipe to adapt my own protein bar based on what I had on hand. It turned out great, thank you so much. I did not use stevia, as my protein was vanilla flavored. I used whole eggs, and added flaxmeal and applesauce, and coconut flour. Yum, thanks.