- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, cream the veg. shortening and sugar.
- Beat in the egg yolk and the honey.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Pinch off walnut-sized pieces of dough and roll into balls.
- Roll the balls in granulated sugar and place 1 1/2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 mins., until lightly colored.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.