Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A co-worker shared this recipe with me along with several packages of venison. This recipe works well with beef, pork, veal or other wild game (elk, buffalo, etc) in place of the venison. This dish is so easy to prepare, yet tastes like a four star restuarant dinner. Dig out the good china and candlesticks for this one!
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup ruby port
- 1⁄3 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices venison, medallions (1/2' thick)
- Combine both chicken and beef broth in a saucepan, boil until reduced to aprox 1 cup.
- Add port wine to broth, boil until reduced to 3/4 cup. (about 15 minutes).
- Stir in cranberry sauce, simmer until sauce begins to thicken, about 4 minutes). Remove from heat, whisk in 1 Tbsp of butter. Season with S&P. Set aside.
- Sprinkle venison with S&P. Melt remaining butter in frying pan over med heat. Add venison to skillet and cook to desired doneness. (about 3 minutes per side for medium rare).
- Divide sauce among 4 plates. Place medallions atop sauce on each plate and serve hot.