Recipe by English_Rose
This simple recipe transforms pork medallions into a luxurious dish, serving them with a delicious creamy mushroom sauce.
- 8 (3 ounce) pork medallions
- 2 ounces butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter in a heavy-based frying pan.
- Add in the pork medallions, fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and fry until the pork is cooked through, taking care not to over-cook it.
- Remove the fillets from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms to the frying pan and fry until slightly coloured.
- Add in the shallots, mixing well.
- Drain off the excess fat and add in the sherry. Cook briskly until reduced by two-thirds.
- Add in the white wine and cook briskly until reduced by half.
- Add in the cream and bring to the boil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and mix in the parsley.
- Pour the mushroom cream sauce over the pork medallions and serve at once.