Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is marked as Heart-Safe in my book that I got from a hospital in Washington state. I can't guarantee that, but I can guarantee the taste. Simply wonderful!
- Sprinkle pounded chicken breast halves lightly with pepper.
- Melt oil and margarine in large skillet.
- Saute the cutlets over medium heat until browned and tender.
- This should take about 5-8 minutes on each side.
- Remove cutlets from pan and keep warm.
- Blend flour with chicken drippings in skillet.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- DO NOT brown further.
- Add milk, stock and wine.
- Cook and stir constantly, over med heat, till it thickens.
- Reduce heat to low, add tarragon and mushrooms.
- Return cutlets to pan and simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.