1/1 Photo of Med Style Potato Salad (No Mayo)
magpie diner's Note:
A blend of different recipes I have enjoyed in the past and including ingredients popular at my house. I like to pick out the small newest potatoes if I can (without looking like the crazy person in the produce section). Simple and pretty quick to prepare and best with fresh herbs if you can. The garlic in this is completely optional, I find it a bit overpowering myself so I leave it out or use very little.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs new potatoes (chop into bite sized uniform pieces if need be)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (about 5 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh is best
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 green onions, sliced (green & white parts, spring onions)
- 1/3 cup black olives, sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, roughly chopped (your favourites or what's available, I like fresh oregano, rosemary & basil)
- 1Bring a pot of water to a steady boil, season with a pinch or two of salt. Add the potatoes and cook for about 12-15 minutes, check them after 10 minutes to see how they're doing.
- 2Meanwhile whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, and garlic is using.
- 3Once the potatoes are cooked, cool them off fully in either an ice water bath or by running under cold water. Drain and pat them dry.
- 4Add the potatoes, green onions, sun-dried tomatoes, black olives and herbs into a mixing bowl and mix gently (I find my hands work best here). Adjust seasoning and serve, best at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Med Style Potato Salad (No Mayo)
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 309.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: