Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe featured on Australia's "Food Safari" on a Moroccan show they did. They are simple to prepare and taste delicious and very refreshing when served with some minted yoghurt.
- 1 kg lamb backstrap
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Put lamb in a bowl, add rest of ingredients and, using hands, combine to cover all of lamb.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Grill to medium rare on the bbq.
- Don't forget the minted yogurt.
ABSOLUTELY delish as can be! I LOVE this recipe! Only thing I did was omit the salt, true, As was told if added before I cook, would affect taste too, Don't know if that is correct, but thought I would mention, As highlighting this GREAT recipe IS my intention! Minted yogurt sauce is a MUST, TRUE! YUM!!! YUM!!! YUM!!! SO healthy AND good for YOU! Thanks
Amanda, this was delicious. I was looking for a backstrap recipe for venison and found this one. I did it with the venison and it worked out brilliantly. Thanks so much for sharing! It was the perfect amount of spices.
Excellent Recipe, took me less then five minutes to put together and it is so simple to cook on the BBQ. I don't eat red meat however Hubby and Little Miss (DD) really enjoyed it. Hubby said it was the best lamb he has ever tasted, very tender cut and perfect amount of marinate. Thank you Amanda in Adelaide