Recipe by drhousespcatcher
from Meaux Louisiana from the Cajun Creole cookbook by Terry Thompson posted to De Gustibus
- 24 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 1⁄2 ounces deviled ham
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- pimento stuffed olive, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half lenghtwise. Place the yolks in a 2 qt bowl. Place whites on serving platter. Set aside.
- Ad all remaining ingredients except the paprika and olives to yolks. Using fork mash yolks until blended. Use a spoon fill white with a portion of the filling rounding off the top.
- For an elegant presentation fill a pastry bag with the yolk mix and using a 12 inch star tip pipe it inches
- Sprinkle filled eggs with paprika and place an olive slice in the center of each.
- Makes 48 halves.