Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my SIL's recipe and was a great favorite of her two children. As little tots my niece and nephew came out here to Arizona to visit and brought this recipe with them "so they wouldn't feel so homesick!"
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 1 (3 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place meat, milk, crumbs, and garlic salt in a 9-inch pie plate; mix thoroughly with a fork. Pat evenly onto bottom and up sides of pie plate; rim with fingers, pressing firmly into place.
- Spread tomato paste over meat mixture. Arrange drained mushrooms over top of tomato paste. Add Cheddar cheese, oregano, Parmesan cheese, and onion in layers. Top with sliced olives, if used.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until meat is done and cheese is lightly browned.