Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very satisfying, low carb soup. We were even eating it hot in the summer for lunch it was that good. Modified from The Protein Power Lifeplan book.
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 lbs chuck roast (cubed)
- 2 zucchini (diced)
- 4 -5 carrots (diced)
- 2 -3 celery (diced)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 8 cups beef broth
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot and saute the garlic and onion until limp.
- Cook meat for several minutes, stirring to ensure cooking on all sides and through to the center. Set aside.
- Add the fresh veggies and continue to stir to saute them for a few minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Add the meat, tomatoes, beef broth, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for a few minutes (up to about an hour) over low heat.