11 hrs 30 mins
American's Test Kitchen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 onions, minced
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano (or 2 t. dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 lbs country-style boneless pork ribs, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1Microwave onions, garlic, tomato paste, oil, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a bowl, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to slow cooker.
- 2Stir tomatoes, tomato puree, wine, soy sauce, and bay leaves into slow cooker.
- 3Season pork with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker.
- 4Cover and cook until pork is tender, 9-11 hours on LOW or 5-7 hours on HIGH.
- 5Let sauce settle for 5 minutes, then remove fat from surface using large spoon.
- 6Discard bay leaves.
- 7Break up pieces of pork with spoon.
- 8Before serving, stir in parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meaty Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (3587 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.3
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 83.9 mg
- Sodium 589.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 26.7 g