Prep 30 mins
Cook 11 hrs
American's Test Kitchen
- 2 onions, minced
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano (or 2 t. dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 lbs country-style boneless pork ribs, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Microwave onions, garlic, tomato paste, oil, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a bowl, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir tomatoes, tomato puree, wine, soy sauce, and bay leaves into slow cooker.
- Season pork with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until pork is tender, 9-11 hours on LOW or 5-7 hours on HIGH.
- Let sauce settle for 5 minutes, then remove fat from surface using large spoon.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Break up pieces of pork with spoon.
- Before serving, stir in parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.