Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an old favorite of my husbands. He use to make for our family.
Make and share this Meaty Stuffed Manicotti recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage or 1⁄2 lb mild Italian sausage (3 links)
- 1⁄2 lb ground round
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 slice white bread, cubed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pasta sauce with mushrooms, divided
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water.
- Remove casings from sausage and discard.
- Cook sausage and beef in a large skillet, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Stir together egg and milk in a large bowl; add bread.
- Stir in sausage mixture, mozzarella cheese and the next 5 ingredients.
- Spoon into manicotti shells, arrange in a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Pour 1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce over shells.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- uncover and pour remaining 1/2 jar sauce over shells; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 10 more minutes.
Quick, easy comfort food--who could ask for anything more??
I used all mild sausage instead of sausage and ground beef and I used ricotta instead of cottage cheese. Otherwise all the ingredients were the same as listed. I think I would add more mozzarella and definitely put some mozzarella on top of the manicotti and sauce too. Otherwise a great recipe! Thanks