1 hr 50 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packages manicotti
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken or 4 cups turkey
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (26 1/2 ounce) cans spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1Cook manicotti according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 2Melt butter in a saucepan.
- 3Stir in the flour until smooth.
- 4Gradually add milk.
- 5Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 6Stir in Parmesan cheese until melted; set aside.
- 7In a skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 8Add chicken, spinach, eggs, mozzarella cheese and 3/4 cup white sauce.
- 9Stuff into manicotti shells.
- 10Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in each of two ungreased 13x9 inch baking dishes.
- 11Top with manicotti.
- 12Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over the top.
- 13Reheat the remaining white sauce, stirring constantly.
- 14Pour over spaghetti sauce.
- 15Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- 16Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meaty Spinach Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.9
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 108.2 mg
- Sodium 730.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 27.8 g