A rich, slightly sweet sauce that holds up well to sturdy noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In the bottom of a large dutch oven, brown the italian sausage with the onions, cooking until the meat is browned and the onion translucent.
- 2Drain the fat and return meat and onions to the pan.
- 3Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomatoe paste to pot.
- 4Stir in italian dressing mix.
- 5Add oregano and basil, allowing sauce to cook for at least 10 minutes between additions.
- 6Taste the sauce before adding anything. The flavors intensify while the sauce simmers.
- 7Cover and simmer over medium low heat, stirring occasionally.
- 8Serve over pasta or use in lasagna.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meaty Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.2
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 1096.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian salad dressing mix