Recipe by Victoria L Smith
I grew up with this spaghetti sauce. My mom started making it back in middle school and now my children get to enjoy it. I've modified it a bit by adding chalula and more meat. Seasonings are approximations. I tend to wing it with them.
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice bacon into 1/2 in pieces.
- Cook bacon until brown. Remove fat.
- Add ground beef to bacon and cook until brown.
- Add onions to bacon and beef. Cook until soft.
- Add garlic. Mix with beef, bacon and onion.
- Stir in tomato sauce.
- Add ground cloves, ground pepper, oregano, basil, thyme, bay leave, brown sugar, salt, hot sauce (I use Cholula) and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 40 minutes.
- Serve on cooked spaghetti.