Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the spaghetti sauce I grew up on. My mom always made it, the recipe has never been written down. I have tweaked it to my own taste as I cook for my own family now. All measurements are guestimated and can be adjusted.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 8 -16 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine (I use burgandy)
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 lb hamburger
- oregano (to taste)
- basil (to taste)
- Brown hamburger with garlic and onion then drain.
- In saucepan add hamburger, tomato sauce 1/2 of the tomato paste oregano and basil, olive oil and red wine.
- As sauce heats through add more tomato paste until thickness is to your liking. ( I like it fairly thick and it depends on how the wine cooks out as to how much paste I add. )
- Continue to heat until it starts to boil, then serve and enjoy.