Recipe by Boyz 5
Here's a thrifty meal that looks and tastes good too.This spaghetti pie is topped with tasty ground beef,tomatoes and cheese for a family favourite that everyone will love....Can From "Woman's World" magazine.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded italian five cheese blend
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions;drain.
- Run under cold water; drain well.
- Meanwhile coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook until softened, 5 minutes.
- Add beef; cook,stirring until browned, 5 minutes.
- Remove to large bowl; stir in spaghetti sauce and tomatoes.
- In separate large bowl, beat eggs with salt and pepper; stir in 1/2 cup cheese and spaghetti.
- In same skillet, cook spaghetti mixture over medium-high heat until bottom is slightly crisp, 5 minutes.
- Top with meat sauce mixture.
- Cook covered, until heated through, 5-8 minutes.