Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Amazingly good yet simple.
Make and share this Meaty Rigatoni Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup rigatoni pasta (uncooked)
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup Italian cheese blend (shredded)
- 8 slices pepperoni
- Cook pasta until tender. Meanwhile crumble sausage into large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and mushrooms. Drain pasta; add to sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a 1 quart baking dish coated with spray. Top with cheese and pepperoni. Cover and bake @ 350F for 25 - 30 minutes or until heated through.
This was a good basic recipe. I made this for my sons band and they enjoyed it but thought I could have used more meat. Next time I would add 1/2 pound sausage and 1/2 pound of ground beef. I did omit the mushrooms as I wasn't sure if they all liked them or not. I also added a lot more cheese then called for. I didnt measure, I just dumped as we love cheese. I thought it could use more seasoning also but the kids didn't say anything about that. Made for Fall PAC 2008.