Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found this recipe in Taste of Home Fall Freezer Meals. I have not tried it yet so the cook times are approximate. Freezer instructions are included.
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Italian pork sausage
- 1 3⁄4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (25 5/8 ounce) jaritalian sausage and garlic spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) jarchunky mild salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (26 ounce) jarthree-cheese spaghetti sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage, mushrooms, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Drain pasta; add to meat mixture. Stir in tomatoes, sausage and garlic spaghetti sauce, salsa and pepperoni.
- Divide half of pasta mixture between two greased 13x9 inch baking dishes. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 cup Pamesan cheese.
- Spread 3/4 cup of three-cheese spaghetti sauce over each.
- Top with remaining pasta mixture and three-cheese spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- Cover and bake remaining casserole at 350 for 25 minutes. Uncover, bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- TO USE FROZEN CASSEROLE: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.