Found this recipe in Taste of Home Fall Freezer Meals. I have not tried it yet so the cook times are approximate. Freezer instructions are included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Italian pork sausage
- 1 3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (25 5/8 ounce) jar italian sausage and garlic spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky mild salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (26 ounce) jar three-cheese spaghetti sauce
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage, mushrooms, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 3Drain pasta; add to meat mixture. Stir in tomatoes, sausage and garlic spaghetti sauce, salsa and pepperoni.
- 4Divide half of pasta mixture between two greased 13x9 inch baking dishes. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 cup Pamesan cheese.
- 5Spread 3/4 cup of three-cheese spaghetti sauce over each.
- 6Top with remaining pasta mixture and three-cheese spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- 7Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- 8Cover and bake remaining casserole at 350 for 25 minutes. Uncover, bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- 9TO USE FROZEN CASSEROLE: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meaty Pasta Casseroles
Serving Size: 1 (4713 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4363.9
- Calories from Fat 2318
- Total Fat 257.5 g
- Saturated Fat 111.2 g
- Cholesterol 744.9 mg
- Sodium 9355.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 288.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 45.6 g
- Sugars 60.4 g
- Protein 226.7 g