1/1 Photo of Meaty Pasta Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
I just found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine and can't wait to try it...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 3/4 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (25 5/8 ounce) jar italian sausage spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky mild salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (26 ounce) jar three-cheese pasta sauce
- 1Cook pasta according to directions.
- 2Meanwhile, in a Dutch Oven, cook the ground beef, sausage, mushrooms, onion, and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 3Drain pasta; add to the meat mixture.
- 4Stir in the tomatoes, sausage and garlic spaghetti sauce, salsa, and pepperoni.
- 5Divide half of pasta mixture between two greased 13X9 in baking dishes.
- 6Sprinkle each with1/4 cup swiss cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese.
- 7Spread 3/4 cup three-cheese spaghetti sauce over each.
- 8Top with remaining pasta mixture and three-cheese spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- 9Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- 10Cover and bake remaining casserole for 25 minute at 350 degrees. Uncover, bake 10min longer or until cheeses melt.
- 11To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. remove from fridge 30 min before baking. Cover and bske at 350 degrees for 45 minute Uncover and bake 10 min or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meaty Pasta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.2
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 136.9 mg
- Sodium 1869.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 48.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
italian sausage spaghetti sauce
three-cheese pasta sauce