1 hr 10 mins
Hands down, this is my absolute favorite quiche...This is simple, healthy fare that is both filling and satisfying...If you can follow directions you can make this delectable dish! Add a tossed green salad and you have one heck of a meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) ready-made pie crusts, deep dish (in the freezer section)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb ground turkey breast or 1/2 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 large eggs
- salt, to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Precook pie crust at 400°F until lightly browned (perhaps 8 min, I've never timed it) or per pkg directions.
- 2Remove pie from oven and then reduce oven to 350°F.
- 3Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the ground turkey and the mushrooms for 5 minutes, stirring to break up the meat.
- 4Remove the mixture to a bowl with a slotted spoon and dispose of the fat in the skillet.
- 5Combine the mayonnaise, milk, eggs and cornstarch in the skillet; stir until smooth.
- 6Add meat/mushrooms, cheddar cheese, onion, salt (to taste), pepper, thyme and nutmeg.
- 7Pour into prebaked pie shell; bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 35-40 minute.
- 8Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- 9Variation: Swap out the cheddar cheese for your favorite cheese, such as swiss or monterey jack.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meaty Mushroom Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.5
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 87.0 mg
- Sodium 353.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 14.2 g