Recipe by out of here
This is a pasta sauce I made up as my husband loves MEAT. It makes a lot of sauce,so I freeze some. This is spicy and oh! so good.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 lb boneless pork ribs
- 1⁄2 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 3 tablspoon sweet basil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 (35 ounce) cans Italian plum tomatoes
- 3 (26 ounce) jarsprego traditional pasta sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large frying pan.
- Cut the sausage into bite size pieces, and the spare ribs into 2 inch pieces.
- Brown this meat in small batches, and remove to an 8-quart crockpot set on high.
- Brown the rest of the meat the same way, and put in crockpot.
- When meat is all browned, add the onions and garlic; cook for 5 minutes. Add this to crockpot also.
- In the crockpot, with all the meat, add the tomatoes, pasta sauce, and all the seasonings.
- Bring the sauce to a boil,then set on low.
- I cook this on low for 8 hours.