Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Best Chili I ever had. It can also be used on as a hot dog chili or on top of chili cheese fries. But I find it great by itself, and it is a lot healthier that way.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 12 ounces tomatoes, canned diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, dark divided
- 1 tablespoon chili pepper, ground divided
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin, divided Salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute, divided
- In a large pot over medium-high heat and the oil.
- Add and brown the ground beef.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes and it's juice, onions, garlic and half of the spices. Cover and simmer over low heat for 2 hours, stirring often.
- Add the remaining half of the spices and cook, covered, for 1 more hour. Serve and enjoy.
This was a good chili recipe, very high in protein and low in carbs. Thanks for the recipe.
This has been my favorite chili recipe I have found!!! Very easy and has great taste. I recently had RNY surgery and need to eat high protein foods and this fits the bill 100%!! Thanks David for putting this up really like it!!