Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
For those nights when you can't be troubled to make something difficult, this is a great meal. Use your favorite marinara, your favorite sausage, and your favorite pasta. I've served this over Trader Joe's pappardelle egg noodles (dried) and their spinach-ricotta ravioli (fresh).
- 24 ounces marinara sauce, jarred (Trader Joe's "Rustico" )
- 8 ounces pappardelle pasta, dried (Trader Joe's brand)
- 2 links Italian sausage (mild or spicy, your preference)
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated, to taste
- Boil pasta in lots of salted, boiling water according to package directions.
- In the meantime, over medium-high heat, squeeze the sausage from its casing and cook in a heavy skillet until completely cooked through (about 10 minutes). Make sure you break the pieces into small bits.
- Once the sausage is cooked, take the pan off the heat and carefully add the marinara. Put back over medium heat until sauce is heated through.
- Serve over cooked pasta, topped with fresh grated parmesan cheese.