Recipe by Alaskan Mom
This is easy and definitely comfort food. I found this recipe on busycooks.about.com website by Linda Larsen, but made slight changes. Enjoy
Top Review by catmaniacs
Incredibly easy to throw together! You need to make sure you have the time to get this on the table, as it requires a longer cook time than the average casserole. But once assembled and in the oven you can get a bunch of stuff done around the house or just relax!! This recipe would benefit greatly by the addition of spices as it was rather bland. The leftovers for lunch were much tastier. We would make it again, adding spices to taste. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream with chives
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) milk, measure in soup can
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 24 precooked frozen meatballs, I use the ones from Sam's
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large 13x9" glass baking dish, combine potatoes, sour cream, soup, milk, and 1-1/2 cups cheese; mix until combined and well blended. Top with frozen meatballs, slightly pressing them half way.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover casserole and bake for 25-35 minutes longer until casserole is bubbly and meatballs are crisp on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 5-10 minutes longer, until cheese is melted.