Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
having a loaf of bread left over from a meal bothers me, as does a drop of meals left over. so i made this with the leftovers, great 30 minute meal. ( you can always saute some beef and sausage, or just microwave them and add them to the pizza to finish cooking in the oven.
- 1 Italian bread, slice horizontally, and cut in half (for 4 servings)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 -2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 8 cooked meatballs, sliced
- 2 Italian sausages, cooked and sliced
- 3 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- sliced mushrooms (optional) or bell peppers (optional) or olives (optional) or red pepper flakes (optional)
- preheat your oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- spread pizza sauce on the 4 pieces of bread.
- top each piece with shredded mozzarella, and half the parmesan cheese.
- top with slices of meatballs, sausage, and pepperoni.
- add thinly sliced onion.
- sprinkle with remaining parm cheese and
- add the 4 pizzas to the pan.
- bake for 10-12 minutes until pizza is bubbly and browning.
Made these for dinner last night along wioth a salad. I decided to do individual pizzas so I used bomber buns instead of Italian bread, that had been cut in half. I pout them in a 350 degree oven for about 8 minutes to dry them out just a little bit more so we would get a nice crunch when eating them. This was a hit with the entire family and will surely be repeated.
A keeper for the meat lovers at the house:) I used jarred sauce that I cooked down to evaporate some of the water. The thickened reduced sauce stayed put and didn't cause the bread to become overly soggy. I just let it simmer uncovered about 30-40 min, stirring occasionally. I used Newman's Own Sockarooni which has veggies in it. I returned the unused sauce to the jar and refrigerated it. Could also be freezer bagged and put in the freezer. Great recipe!
I made this for my son's birthday get together. Since everone had different taste, I layed out various meats and veggies and let each one make their own. That is what is so great about this recipe, so versital. The directions were well written and made for a great quick meal. Served this with broccoli salad. Thanks for another great PAC recipe Chia.