Recipe by princesskim
I made this for an office luncheon and it was a huge hit. The combination of meats and mushrooms make it a very hearty meal. The ease of the crock pot makes it super simple and quick to put together!
Top Review by quirkycook
I love this recipe. It isn't quite the same as a traditional lasagna made in the oven, but when you need a fast alternative, you can't go wrong with this recipe. I made it for an office luncheon one day and everyone was surprised at how easy and delicious it was. Nothing says good recipe like bringing home an empty pan.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage (hot, sweet, or mild)
- 1 (12 ounce) box lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut sausage into slices. In a large skillet add: sausage, ground beef, mushrooms, and onions. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Brown until cooked through. Drain and add one jar of spaghetti sauce to the meat mixture.
- Mix the water with the other jar of spaghetti sauce. Spread a small amount on the bottom of the crock pot to prevent sticking.
- Place a layer of noodles in the bottom of the crock pot. You may have to break into pieces to fill in spots.
- Layer with sauce, meat mixture, spoonfuls of ricotta, and mozzarella on top of the noodles. Repeat layers.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or high for 2 1/2 hours.