Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick & easy meal using the good old "Blue Box." I use ground turkey sausage, but use regular pork sausage if you wish (just drain off excess fat).
- 2 (7 ounce) boxes macaroni and cheese mix
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb turkey sausage, the ground bulk type
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Boil the macaroni according to package. Drain and stir in the 6 tbsp butter, 1/2 cup milk, sour cream and shredded cheese. Keep warm and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook/crumble the ground turkey sausage with onions and garlic until no longer pink. Drain off any excess fat and return to the large skillet.
- Add the diced tomatoes, thyme and pepper.
- Now add the prepared macaroni and cheese mixture and stir to combine well.
- Keep everything in the skillet over low-med heat until heated through.