1 hr 8 mins
Served with salad and french bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked manicotti
- 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water. Drain. Place in a single layer on a wire rack; set aside.
- 2Remove casings from sausage, and discard. Cook sausage, ground chicken, and onion in a large skillet, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- 3Add wine to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits; bring to a boil. Add whipping cream and next three ingredients; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 15 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- 4Combine meat mixture, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. Spoon mixture evenly into 12 manicotti shells; arrange shells in a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- 5Bake covered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover and pour cream mixture evenly over shells; sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 10 more minutes. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat, 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meaty Cheese Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 780.1
- Calories from Fat 480
- Total Fat 53.3 g
- Saturated Fat 29.3 g
- Cholesterol 197.2 mg
- Sodium 1138.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 35.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning
diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic