Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 53 mins
Served with salad and french bread.
Make and share this Meaty Cheese Manicotti recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) packageuncooked manicotti
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 lb ground chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water. Drain. Place in a single layer on a wire rack; set aside.
- Remove casings from sausage, and discard. Cook sausage, ground chicken, and onion in a large skillet, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- Add wine to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits; bring to a boil. Add whipping cream and next three ingredients; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 15 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- Combine meat mixture, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. Spoon mixture evenly into 12 manicotti shells; arrange shells in a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover and pour cream mixture evenly over shells; sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 10 more minutes. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat, 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.