Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I was late home from work one night, and my husband prepared this from leftovers and unused bread in the fridge. He had to really overcook it since I was late and it was totally great, tender, wonderful and tasty...
- linseed rye bread
- diced cooked pork
- diced cooked beef
- diced green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 diced seeded red pepper
- grated old cheddar cheese
- I was really late home from work and my husband invented this!
- This is how he says the recipe goes: Melt the butter and cook the mushrooms, green onion and red pepper until tender.
- Add some (a tablespoon at a time) water and simmer with the diced pork and beef, cook until super tender.
- I was really late, so several hours and many tablespoons of water later, this really tender!
- Lightly toast the linseed rye bread, cover with the beef-pork mixture, sprinkle with cheese and bake until melted.
- Add some salad and there's supper.