Recipe by CareCook
From Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Freezer Friendly Meals Cookbook.
Top Review by ~Robyn~
These were so good and so easy! I used Grands Homestyle biscuits and had no problem with them. The recipe says it makes 20 but I only got 12 with a small bit of filling left over which is ok because I served these with mashed potatoes and will have the extra filling on some of the potatoes for lunch today. My family all liked this and I just loved how easy it is!
- 1 lb sirloin or 1 lb turkey or 1 lb venison, ground
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (10 count) can flakey biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium non-stick skillet, cook the sirloin and red onion over medium heat, about 5 minutes or until meat is done. Drain any excess grease.
- Remove from heat and add the bbq sauce and corn, mixing well.
- Divide each biscuit in half by pulling apart the layers. Press each half into non-stick muffin tins coated with non-stick cooking spray. Divide the meat evenly into the prepared muffin tins. Bake for 10 minute.
- To Freeze: cool baked cups to room temperature Do not sprinkle with cheese. Freeze on baking sheet, then transfer to zip-top freezer bags.
- To Prepare after Freezing: Preheat oven to 350. Defrost cups or place them frozen on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 min or until heated through, sprinkle with cheese and return to the oven for one minute or until cheese melts.