Recipe by copperfield1817
This is a recipe that reminds me more of burrito filling than a dip, BUT it is so absolutely wonderful that every time I make it and serve with some tortilla chips, it's gone in a matter or minutes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans (spicy if you like heat)
- 1 (12 ounce) packageprepared Spanish rice
- 1 (12 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, combine the oil, beef, and diced onion until the onion is translucent and the beef is crumbled and browned.
- Drain the meat and prepare the rice according to the package.
- Combine the meat and onions with the cubed cheese, refried beans, and prepared rice.
- Add seasoning to taste, I like it spicy so I will either use spicy refried beans or add chili powder.
- Heat the mixture on medium until all the cheese has melted (about 10-15 mins).
- Serve hot and with tortilla chips or Fritos corn chips (a thicker chip is better for this dip).
- If you happen to have leftovers (doubt it!) you can always put them in a wrap and make yourself a burrito!