Recipe by Cookin'withGas
yes...another one dish meal in my repertoire, LOL...this time with rolls 'built in'
Top Review by CountryCookie
Tasty!! I used ground beef though and added some garlic powder and a little worcestershire sauce. Plus it seemed thick after adding the can of soup so I added about a cup or two of water and a bay leaf (because I need to use them up). It turned out really yummy. Four stars only because I modified. I think the worcestershire added more flavor.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast (Shady Brook Farm preferred) or 1 lb ground chicken breast (Shady Brook Farm preferred)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-sodium tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained (Del Monte preferred)
- 1 (8 ounce) package Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits (reduced fat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Brown ground turkey with the onion in the oil in a skillet, stirring often.
- Stir in salt, pepper, tomato soup, water and corn and bring to a boil; heat through only.
- Pour mixture into a 9" square casserole dish.
- Separate biscuit dough and arrange evenly over the meat mixture.
- Bake in the preheated 450°F oven for 15-20 min or until biscuits are done.