Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Hearty and delicious baked bean recipe.
Make and share this Meaty Baked Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 226.79 g ground beef
- 226.79 g bulk pork sausage
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 2-3 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (907.18 g) can pork and beans, undrained
- 2 (850.48 g) can kidney beans or 2 (850.48 g) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (850.48 g) can butter beans or 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 236.59 ml bottled barbecue sauce
- 4 slice bacon, cooked crisp,drained and crumbled
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 59.14 ml water
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 29.58 ml prepared mustard
- 4.92-9.85 ml chili powder
- 1.23-2.46 ml ground pepper
- Add the ground beef, sausage, onion, and garlic to a big skillet; cook until meat is browned; drain well.
- Put meat mixture into a 5-6 quart slow-cooker.
- Add undrained pork and beans, drained kidney beans and butter beans, barbecue sauce, bacon, sugar, water, lime juice, mustard, chili powder, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Cover; cook on LOW for 5-6 hours; season with salt to taste.
Oh, this was gooood! Used to make something similar, but the different beans really make this shine. The addition of lime juice was inspired. And the BBQ sauce added that little kick we so enjoyed. Thnx for sharing your recipe, ratherbeswimmin'. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.